The acupuncture system utilized at The Pickering Wellness Centre is done by our Naturophatic Doctor and is designed to relieve your symptoms and address the root cause of the problem simultaneously in the most effective and timely manner possible. Therapy room: Treatment is provided in a clean, comfortable acupuncture therapy room.
- Clean Needle and Strict Hygiene Policy: Our Doctor follows strict hygienic and clean needle procedures. Always use fresh clean sheets and use only the highest quality disposable acupuncture needles.
- Gentle techniques: acupuncture treatment techniques used here are not only highly effective but also distinctively gentle and painless.
- Conditions: Because our procedure is virtually non-invasive, the treatment can be applied safely and effectively for a wide range of health conditions.
What is Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture? How does it work?
As part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture aims to restore and maintain health and wellness through the stimulation of specific points on the body. These points have been mapped on our body centuries ago. According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, ones health is determined by the quality of Qi (energy) flow through the natural pathways of our body (meridians/channels). Acupuncture involves the insertion of needles into the skin at specific points on the body to achieve the desired therapeutic effect, and to stimulate and improve the flow of Qi.
Which conditions can acupuncture help?
- Low back pain
- Acute and chronic pain from injury
- Muscular aches and pains
- Quit smoking
- Improve fertility
- Improve digestion/constipation
- Improve sleep
- And much more
Please feel free to contact us for more information
What are the therapeutic effects and benefits of acupuncture?
There are many benefits of acupuncture treatment, some of the benefits follow:
- Reduce/relieve pain by releasing endorphins (the bodyâ€™s natural pain killer)
- Improve/Increase blood circulation
- Improve mood and energy
- Aids with digestion
- Aids with removal of toxins
- Helps cessation of addictions
- Improves the function of internal organs
- Relaxation of body and mind
- Improves overall well-being and health
What happens during the treatment?
You will be placed on your stomach, back, side or sitting, depending on the area being treated. Needles will be inserted on your body depending on condition being treated. You should try to remain relaxed as you should try not to move. Maintain slow and relaxed breathing. The needles are left in place for 15-30 minutes.
What sensations will I experience during the treatment?
One should feel a dull, heavy, aching feeling when the needle is correctly placed. Acupuncture treatment should not be painful. You might find that the pain has lessened or may even be gone completely. A sensation of heaviness or swelling may occur after the treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments will depend upon the condition being treated and whether it is a acute or chronic condition. Treatment sessions can range from 3 times a week to once a month.
What are the risks of acupuncture?
Sterile disposable, usually stainless steel, needles are used during treatment; Hence, there is no risk of disease transmission. However, there is a risk of bruising, pain, fainting, injury and puncturing of an organ during acupuncture treatment. However, this is rare.